PROMOTES AMERICA’S ROLE AS THE WORLD’S LEADING INNOVATOR
Establishes a gold standard for chemical regulation
- Creates an efficient, cost-effective risk-based chemical regulatory program that can serve as a model for other countries considering new chemical regulations.
Protects confidential business information of American companies
- It maintains strong protections for vital intellectual property so American companies can preserve their competitive advantage.
- CBI claims will expire after 10 years unless a company re-submits its claim.
- EPA will be required to enhance access to CBI for states, medical professionals, and first responders.
Promotes American innovation
- It ensures manufacturers can bring new chemicals to market in an efficient way so American businesses can compete in the fast-paced global marketplace.
- It maintains exemptions for certain chemicals that are required for a critical use, such as national defense.
- Small businesses are subject to reduced fees so they can more easily introduce new products.